Data Protection Policy Statement
Please note, this website may contain links to other websites which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of this site.
Pharmacy Requirements will not sell your personal details to anyone. We may use your information to contact you about relevant services or products.
Freedom of InformationAs a provider of services to the National Health Service, Pharmacy Requirements is a public authority for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. These Acts impose on us a legal obligation to provide information to anybody making a request through an approved publication scheme (in England this is also known as a Guide to Information). The general presumption is that information relating to our public services must be disclosed. However, there are a number of exemptions set out in the relevant Act which enable us to limit what we provide.
The publication scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by LloydsPharmacy Limited. It is a description of the classes of information about our pharmacists and pharmacies which we make publicly available.
Please click here for our Publication Scheme Guide to Information which is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please click here for our Publication Scheme which is made under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
The personal data we collectIn order to provide you with the services you require, we will collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications. These will include, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number and details that are relevant to the service(s) in which you are interested. Further details of the personal data we collect are as follows:
- If you have a web account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone numbers. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us through telephone or online
- Details of your visits to our website and which site you came to us from
- Personal details which help us to recommend areas of interest
- Payment card information.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
- Information about other people: if you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.
CookiesIn common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on this site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
We will primarily use the personal information:
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, apps or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during online checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond effectively. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service. With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, telephone about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events etc. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To communicate with you in the event that any services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your order
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the services we offer
- To create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them
- To capture your product reviews, for example when you buy goods and services from us we may follow it up with an enquiry about your experience of the product to help us gauge customer satisfaction. You are not obligated to leave reviews and ratings but this facility would enable you to get your views of the product across should you wish to do so.
Disclosure of your Personal DataThere are circumstances where we wish to disclose or are compelled by law to disclose your personal data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above. These scenarios include disclosure to:
- manufacturers of the Goods in the efforts to understand customer preferences, ensure satisfactory stock levels, to improve products and services and to calculate any volume discounts or rebates which may be applicable to your account;
- our data centre provider for the safe keeping of your personal data, webhosting provider through which your personal data may be collected; and
- identity verification partners in order to verify your identity against public databases;
- our nominated third party credit agencies to derive a credit score which will be applied to managing your account. We may also carry out credit checks with licensed credit agencies on your guarantors (if applicable). A record of the search may be kept by us and the agencies;
- buying groups of which you are a member, in order to communicate with them on the orders you have placed;
- our advertising partners who enable us to deliver personalised ads to your devices or similar advertising;
- subject to your consent, to our marketing partners, who may contact you by post, email, telephone, SMS or by other means. If you do not wish to be contacted, you may unsubscribe by clicking “unsubscribe” in the message concerned;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website. Your personal data is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you;
- third party service providers and consultants in order to protect the security or integrity of our business, including our databases and systems and for business continuity reasons;
- another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. In the case of a merger or sale, your personal data will be permanently transferred to a successor company;
- public authorities where we are required by law to do so;
- if required, in order to receive legal advice; and
- any other third party where you have provided your consent.
SecurityWe take the security of personal information seriously. We employ security technology, including firewalls, and and have procedures in place to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
Updating and Correcting InformationYou may update or correct your personal information online in the My Account area or by contacting us by email (see the section "How to contact us" below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes. If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
Your Rights to Access Your Personal InformationYou have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal information you provide to us.
How To Contact UsTelephone: 01424 236220. Calls from a landline will be charged at standard rate. Costs from mobiles may vary.